Curly Hair Care
Are you still hiding the truth from the world? Maybe even from yourself?! Did you know that 75% of women naturally have curly or wavy hair?
The ellënoire boutique invites you to celebrate your curl with DevaCurl products and “Curly Girl” techniques offered exclusively by ellënoire professionals. No matter your age, curl type, or past with blowfrying, relaxing or the like we will teach you the joy of living frizz free! Still wanna straighten? Fine, but healthy curls straighten best! Learn how to love your curls, care for them, and set them free with techniques and products at the ellënoire boutique & salon.
DevaCurl has simplified hair care for curlies into three easy steps:
CLEANSE - HYDRATE - STYLE
1. CLEANSE with No-Poo. No lather = healthier curls. Detergent produces lather but dehydrates your hair. This botanically infused 100% sulfate free, no-lather cleanser provides maximum cleansing and hydration while maintaining the moisture balance of the hair and scalp. No-Poo is refreshingly scented with peppermint and Turkish rose. Apply mostly to scalp and massage well to loosen dirt and oil, then rinse.
2. HYDRATE with One Condition. This ultra creamy daily conditioner keeps curls shiny and manageable while providing maximum hydration for all curl types. The conditioner is infused with the invigorating scent of lemongrass. This product is gentle enough to use daily and can also be used as a leave in conditioner. Pull generous amounts through hair with your fingers. NO brushes! NO combs! NO picks! NO excuses! Rinse thoroughly or leave a little in based on dryness of hair
3. STYLE with Light Defining Gel, Arc-Angel or Ultra Defining Gel, WaveMaker, or Frizz-Free Volumizing Foam. Deva Gels are lightweight, moisturizing curl defining gels for maximum frizz prevention. Deva Gels dissolve instantly when applied to wet hair yet holds to form curls without feeling stiff or sticky. Scrunch evenly through wet hair and scrunch upwards to cultivate curls. If your hair is bristling with movement longing to break free, if you have waves that are aching to curl or frizz begging for direction, join the DevaCURL-volution at the ellënoire boutique and find your inner curl!
Lorraine Massey, the original “Curly Girl”, started a movement – a love affair – for curly hair! Her CURL-volution has converted the "blow-fried" masses to curly girls who love their hair. Through three salons in New York and with thousands of curly haired clients, a collection of products formulated specifically for curly-hair has been developed by Lorraine and the DevaCurl team to help everyone "embrace their curl". Lorraine wrote about her philosophy in a book called "Curly Girl". This book is now in its 2nd edition (with ellenoire being the only Canadian company mentioned in the book). DevaCurl eventually became a line of products designed specifically for people who choose to wear their curls in their natural state all or most of the time. The line was designed to offer what was suggested is best for curly hair in "Curly Girl".
DevaCurl products are: sulfate free, silicone free, paraben free, and free of sticky, icky ingredients that cause buildup. All key elements to keeping hair naturally moisturized. DevaCurl trained stylists (everyone who cuts for us is DevaCurl trained) cut curly and wavy hair dry rather than wet so we can see how your curls fall naturally. Ellënoire was the first company in Canada to consistently carry the DevaCurl product line starting in 2003 and we sell more than anyone else in the country! We offer an open door policy to help you get your curls to their best natural state and if you follow what the book says and/or what we teach there is no reason for you to have bad curls or frizz no matter what the weather.
When you visit the salon at ellënoire
What we will do
- We will cut all hair types, for all ages and genders.
- We will cut your curly or wavy hair dry so we can see how it falls according to the Curly Girl/DevaCurl philosophy
- We will teach you how to use our sulfate free system so you can have perfect results at home
- We will help you find a hairstyle that fits your style, and your lifestyle
- We will dry your hair using only gentle hood dryers and state of the art curly hair dryers and diffusers
- We will use only sulfate free and bubble free cleansers
- We will use only silicone, petroleum & paraben free conditioners & styling products
What we won’t do
- We will not chemically straighten your hair. Not now, not ever.
- We won’t carve, slice, razor or tunnel your curls
- We won’t rake, spin, twirl or otherwise change your natural curls’ shape
What we might do
- We may consider straightening your hair with a blow dryer (aka “BlowFry”) but only after you are a customer with hair in outstanding condition and only by special request, for special occasions. We will never straighten/blow out damaged and dry hair. Never.
At the boutique & salon we offer cutting, colouring and a special learning session where we take your hair from “wet to set” and show you how to live frizz free - forever! Let us prove to you that this is bar none the best curly hair system on the market. To see a menu of our current offerings or book an appointment at the salon please head over to our Curly Hair Salon Services page for more information.
If you're still somewhat confused or need more detail drop by the salon today for a free consultation on how to best manage your curls.