ellënoire Curly Hair Salon Services & Information
Are you still hiding the truth from the world? Maybe even from yourself? Do you know that 75% of women have curly or wavy hair? The ellënoire boutique invites you to celebrate your curl with DevaCurl products and “Curly Girl” techniques offered exclusively by ellënoire professionals. No matter your age, curl type, or past with blowfrying relaxing or the like we will teach you the joy of living frizz free (still wanna straighten? Fine, but healthy curls straighten best) Learn how to love your curls, care for them, and set them free with techniques and products at the ellënoire boutique & salon.
DevaCurl has simplified hair care for curlies into three easy steps:
CLEANSE, HYDRATE, STYLE. This botanically, 100% curl care system delivers healthy, frizz free, manageable curls!! NO Sulfates/ detergents NO Silicone NO Icky plastic resins
1. CLEANSE with No-Poo No lather = healthier curls. Detergent produces lather but dehydrates your hair. This botanically infused 100% sulfate free, no-lather cleanser provides maximum cleansing and hydration while maintaining the moisture balance of the hair and scalp. No-Poo is refreshingly scented with peppermint and Turkish rose. Apply mostly to scalp and massage well to loosen dirt and oil, then rinse.
2. HYDRATE with One Condition This ultra creamy daily conditioner keeps curls shiny and manageable while providing maximum hydration for all curl types. The conditioner is infused with the invigorating scent of lemongrass. This product is gentle enough to use daily and can also be used as a leave in conditioner. Pull generous amounts through hair with your fingers. NO Brushes! NO combs! NO Picks! NO Excuses! Rinse thoroughly or leave a little in based on dryness of hair
3. STYLE with Light Defining Gel, Arc-Angel or Ultra Defining Gel, WaveMaker, or Frizz-Free Volumizing Foam Deva Gels are lightweight, moisturizing, curl defining gels for maximum frizz prevention. Deva Gels dissolve instantly when applied to wet hair yet holds to form curls without feeling stiff or sticky. Scrunch evenly through wet hair and scrunch upwards to cultivate curls. If your hair is bristling with movement longing to break free, if you have waves that are aching to curl or frizz begging for direction, join the DevaCURL-volution at the ellënoire boutique and find your inner curl!
At the boutique & salon we offer cutting, colouring and a special learning session where we take your hair from “wet to set” and show you how to live frizz free forever! Let us prove to you that this is bar none the best curly hair system on the market. Book your session at 905 627 9379.
Lorraine Massey, the original “Curly Girl”, started a movement – a love affair – for curly hair! Her CURL-volution has converted the "blow-fried" masses to curly girls who love their hair. Through three salons in New York, and with thousands of curly haired clients, a collection of products formulated specifically for curly-hair has been developed and Lorraine and the DevaCurl team are helping women "embrace their curl." Lorraine wrote about her philosophy in a book called "Curly Girl". This book is now in its 2nd edition ( with ellenoire being the only Canadian company mentioned in the book). DevaCurl eventually became a line of products designed specifically for people who choose to wear their curls in their natural state all or most of the time. The line was designed to offer what was suggested is best for curly hair in "Curly Girl".
DevaCurl products are: Sulfate Free, Silicone Free, and free of stuicky, icky ingredients that cause buildup. All key things in the regime of keeping hair naturally moisturized. The line is also paraben free. DevaCurl trained stylists(everyone who cuts for me is DevaCurl trained) cut curly and wavy hair dry rather than wet so we can see how your curls fall naturally. Ellënoire was the first company in Canada to consistently carry the line starting in 2003 and we sell more than anyone else in the country. We offer an open door policy to help you get your curls to their best natural state and if you follow what the book says and/ or what we teach there is no reason for you to have "bad curls" or frizz no matter what the weather.
Hair at ellёnoire:
What we will do
- We will cut all hair types, for all ages and genders.
- We will cut your curly or wavy hair dry so we can see how it falls according to the Curly Girl/ DevaCurl philosophy
- We will teach you how to use our sulfate free system so you can have perfect results at home
- We will help you find a hairstyle that fits your style, and your lifestyle
- We will dry your hair using only gentle hood dryers and state of the art curly hair dryers and diffusers
- We will use only sulfate free and bubble free cleansers
- We will use only silicone, petroleum & paraben free conditioners & styling products
What we won’t do
- We will not chemically straighten your hair. Not now, not ever.
- We won’t carve, slice, razor or tunnel your curls
- We won’t rake, spin, twirl or otherwise change your natural curls’ shape
What we might do
- We may consider straightening your hair with a blow dryer (aka “BlowFry”) but only after you are a customer with hair in outstanding condition and only by special request, for special occasions. We will never straighten/ blow out damaged and dry hair. Never.
Curly Hair at Ellënoire Our goal is to make your natural hair texture look the best it can naturally, rather than try to change it with tools such as combs, brushes, rollers or hot blowdryers or straightening irons. We are happy to cut, style and colour all hair types, but if you have hair that is anything other than stick straight, that is the texture we will work with and that is the texture you will leave with.
- We sell the DevaCurl products on our website and in our store at all times.
- The “Dry Talk”: a conversation in the store about how to use DevaCurl products the best, and in some cases a prescription for which items are best for your hair type/ issues. This is free and needs no appointment and takes about 15 minutes. This can be done on the phone also.
- The "Full consult”: a chat with one of our stylists: 10 minutes or so, no charge.
- The “ellënoire Wet to Set” our very first service that launched when Noëlle lost her hair in 2008 & could no longer do demo’s on her own hair. Now, including the newest DevaCurl product Buildup Buster we’re introducing the Bounce Back Transformation service a teaching session with one of our Deva inspired stylists. We do your hair with you so you can learn hands on how to use the products.You will leave with beautiful hair empowered with the knowledge of how to make it look the same at home. Some clients will book the “Wet to Set” just when they want their hair to be perfect for a special event. $45 takes approximately 60-90 minutes.
- The "DevaCurl Virgin Cut & Set" includes a consult, a haircut and full hair set with full teaching of how to use the DevaCurl products (so you can recreate perfect hair at home) For new clients who have never had a service with us. You will leave with beautiful hair empowered with the knowledge of how to make it look the same at home. $75. 90 minutes minimum based on the drying time of your hair.
- The “DevaCurl Vixen Cut & Set” Includes a consult, a haircut and full set for clients that have had either a “DevaCurl Wet to Set”: or a "DevaCurl Virgin Cut & Set” service (within the last year) $65 60-90 minutes based on the drying time of your hair
- Trim/ Oxygenation - a quick trim for regular clients who have already had a "Cut & Set" or "Wet to Set" and just need a quick clean up in between haircuts to keep the hair looking it’s best. Only available within 16 weeks of a "Cut & Set" $25 for 15 minutes.
- We also offer services for men, children, full colour services, deep conditioning treatments and occasional visits from guest stylists with varying prices. Please ask when you book for price information about these services.
We require a $40 deposit to hold any appointment over $25. This can be paid by credit card over the phone, email transfer, paypal or in person. This amount will be subtracted at the register once you complete your appointment and refunded if you cancel with 24 or more hours notice ( this is at the discretion of the owner). Thank you for your understanding.